What if, how to practically do backups?

Maybe try something like http://jsonviewer.stack.hu/ or an equivalent?

1 Like

This is something that is important to our business as well. Any information would be appreciated.

We have a slightly different, but related concern. When Asana has major outages (like right now), we are dead in the water, as we rely heavily on Asana. With some kind of off-line access option, we could kill two birds with one stone: protect against temporary outages as well as against major nuke strike-type issues. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I very much support @Lee_Matchett 's suggestion. I think that would be very valuable. These outages are concerned my management and may lead us to looking for another platform for our project management, which I honestly don’t want to do because I like Asana overall.

This link in not available anymore =(

Hi @Denis_Sooma, can you give it another go by any chance, I’ve just tried the link and it seems to be working for me. If you’re still enable to open it, would you mind trying with another browser?

Same here.

Build an app with Asana redirects to https://developers.asana.com/pt/docs/#asana-attachments that doesn’t exists:

Still can’t… sorry.

Thanks @Tower and @Denis_Sooma. I believe the developer guide was revamped a while ago, which probably explains why the URL is slightly different. The content itself should be the same tough :slight_smile:

If you have any follow-up questions regarding the API, I would recommend posting directly in #developersAPI

Hope this helps, but please let me know if there is anything else I can do!

1 Like

@Tower just remove the “/pt” from the address. I just shared this bug inside the developer part of the forum.

1 Like

Hi Arthur, I hear you. My team is actually looking into building a simple & secure backup dedicated to Asana.

My company (momentumtools.io) has built such a backup solution for Podio.com:

• It syncs their data automatically once per day to readable Google Sheets.
  • It also sync meta data such as comments & files to a secured Google Drive folder.

This transparent approach has received lots of praise from the Podio community and we’re keen to do the same for Asana.

Using a cloud platform like Asana to manage your business-critical information can be scary. We provide our clients peace of mind by offering:

• Extra level of disaster recovery
  • Extra restoration capabilities (>30 days)
  • Business continuity during service outages

Curious to hear your thoughts on this?

2 Likes

Hi did you make any progress with a solution to this problem?

Hi, I would like to hear more please?

1 Like

@Jared5 thanks for reaching out. Our team has made great progress with this Asana backup app and we expect to have a 1st version live within the next 2 months. Feel free to sign up on our website to receive further updates: Pro Backup for Asana | Protect your Asana projects

2 Likes

@Wlil_Dewulf Is your backup tool going to extract from Asana all user attachments presumably

@Werner_Beck This is definitely a real weakness in the tool (and I love Asana). Any company entrusting mission-critical data to a cloud application should be keeping two backup copies: one on-premises and another offsite. This is basic data protection best practice. This is not casting aspersions on Asana any more than it is casting on Google or Microsoft to back up their repositories (and there is a lively ecosystem of MSPs and third party software that does precisely that).

Looking forward to finding a solution. Because unless there is a good one on the market I try to use Asana sparingly.

1 Like

I have seen Will_Dewulf service in action, it is awesome!

2 Likes

Yes, all attachments will be extracted & backed up as well.

We recently published our public beta - you can access it via this link: Pro Backup for Asana | Protect your Asana projects

2 Likes

@Jared5 We’re happy to announce that our backup app is now live! You can find more info here: https://probackup.io/backup/asana

2 Likes

I suppose there are 2 suitable ways for you:

Skyvia is Asana’s partner, though. You can find them on the Asana marketplace.

P.S. I’m a member of the Skyvia development team, so if you have any questions about the product feel free to ask me.

1 Like