What happened to view by Custom Fields?

What happened to the project view options? I use a number of custom fields such as Task Status and Release Status so I can track if a task is in progress or being tested, and to what environment it has been released.

Within a project, such as Launch Site I would be able to sort (or group) tasks in to either the Task Status or Release Status so I could quickly identify which tasks for testing, or waiting to be released.

In the last update you can only sort by a few pre-defined inbuilt attributes (Asignee, dates etc) so I can’t do this.

I had only recently switched to this approach, before I used sections in the project. But using custom fields seemed better as I could use the same values across multiple projects easily, and not have to place a task in multiple projects for tracking different workflows. Seems all the time we spent setting this up has been wasted!

I am still able to see it:

Hi @TheTim. We’ll be happy to help. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of what you’re seeing? Then we’ll be better equipped to point you in the right direction. :slight_smile: Thanks!

As you can see, the top of the project box has changed, with a settings cog instead of a view text link which has a new drop down set of options.

1 Like

2 Likes

Ah, I see. @TheTim it appears that you’re a member of an a/b test. If I’m not mistaken you should still be able to view by custom fields in a slightly different location, but I can see that this option isn’t appearing for you. For clarification, this feature is currently being tested and only rolled out to a small group of users. Running tests like this allows our team to ensure we are providing the most value to you as quickly as possible—by building a feature, gathering learnings, and iterating based on these learnings. So, thank you for your feedback on this feature, it’s super helpful. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you! If you have additional feedback or questions about this feature, please let us know.

Thanks. A/B tests are good… just not so good when your in the test and you feel you’re on the wrong end!

I’ve looked around trying to find alternatives to achieve the same results but don’t see it. The Search feature doesn’t help me sort as I’d like to either. So I’m going to have to sit and wait or revert to using sections.

1 Like

Ah, I can understand where you’re coming from! Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do to help you.

Is there any update on this. I really would like to have it set back the old way.

No update on this yet, George. But thanks for your feedback!

I’ve got used to the new set up.

The key is to make sure that within each project you go to the “Manage Custom Fields…” option, and add all your custom fields you’d like to be able to sort by. They then appear in the “Sort” box.

1 Like