Week number in timeline?

Hi,

Just wanted to ask if it would be possible to get the week number visible in the timeline? We use week numbers alot when we discuss when things will be done.

Cheers
Jonas

2 Likes

YEEEESSS come on GUYS!! Week numbers is the best thing to get all in the same page!

4 Likes

Thank you both for your feedback! I don’t believe this is planned for the near future, but we will definitely keep this in mind as we work toward improving Timelines!

Please! I really want to get the week number info in the timeline.

Thanks!

1 Like

absolutely necessary!

Without week numbers the whole timeline and calendar view lack major functionality.

Please remember that there are different conventions for week numbers (1st day of week = week 1 in the US vs 1st week which has 4 days or more = week 1 in most of Europe).

Thank you !

BR F

1 Like

Yes, week numbers are crucial for our planning.

Hi Marie. Has this feature been added to timeline? or are you guys working on it at the moment or is it planned for near future.

I’m not sure if it’s implemented yet. I still don’t see it. I’ve been wanting this for a long time as we plan most of our projects in week increments.

Not only in the planning line: By selecting a due date it would be great to see week no in the calendar. This would enable to plan in weeks an fix a date in a defined week.

This would be helpful! (Manufacturing industry here)

Hello! Could you please add week numbers to timeline. This discussion is 2 years old.

Hi,

Week numbers is how we (and partners) plan our project, rather than by dates. It seems like an easy fix which would bring a lot of value to the product.

Please make this a priority, the post is afterall 2,5 years old by now :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Joel

1 Like

Hello! We also need week numbers in timeline for our business. Please add this as soon as possible. It will greatly increase the use and effinciency of timeline

1 Like

Hey guys, i really miss those week nummers in the timeline. Planning is crucial using weeknummers. can you guys make this priority!?

1 Like

This would be awesome to have, can’t see how this could be very hard to code.

1 Like

Still important in '22. Please implement the feature, otherwise let me do it please!

1 Like

Please implement this in 2022 still :slight_smile:

Come on, Asana can be much more than just task management, you can organise whole projects in it, so please add week number and colored view in read only mode, now my shared project planning looks alot less clear without the colors.
Also add option to print a certain layout in pdf.
Than we need colored sections, otherwise i get lost on my iPad between the tasks en sections.
Also need access only per section for external parties, to share their part of the scope.
And a function to select which views can be shared in read only mode.

Absolutely agree!!! When setting up a category on ANY project board or portfolio, and selecting “date” for the category type, It would be beyond helpful to be able to chose the date feature as showing “DD/MM/YYYY” with the option of show (select one) “Day number”, “Week ##”, or "month ##) and (for week specifically) 2 options for choosing:

Weeks increase on every:
(Mon, tue, wen… etc)

Week one starting on the
(Choose date)

This would also allow programs to chose a fiscal year instead of a calendar year any time they needed! All they have to do is set the category up for the board/portfolio!

This would solve the issue of having a “number” category for the week input that always tries to add up, when what we want is to list results BY the number input (showing data per week in reporting period)

We use week Numbers in our daily project communication.
Please add the Week number feature (American and European couting method) in all date-views including Calendars, Timeline and Workload.
Thank you for the consideration.

1 Like