Viewing all assigned tasks across multiple workspaces

The lack of a “My Tasks” view across all Workspaces and Organizations is the only thing keeping me from ditching Omnifocus and becoming a paying customer.

1 Like

@Sefrijn I just installed this and am loving it! Thanks for getting the workspace ID’s in there too. It took me a minute to figure them out…the workspace URL number is easy, but to get the workspace IDs I used the API explorer of workspaces.

I would like to add that it would be good to have a global calendar, too. I.e., be able to see global tasks in a list, but also see those tasks on your calendar.

I don’t suppose there is a way for you to do this with your API method, Sefrijn? Thanks for your work on helping with this issue!

3 Likes

I agree with everyone on this thread. I try using Taco but it can be buggy and when you have several organizations/workspaces it will have issues. Additionally, it’s just not as user-friendly as it really needs to be. I have gotten every client that I’ve worked with to use Asana and so now I have a dropdown for all of them. It makes it difficult to plan your day or projects because it’s so disjointed. I have no idea why this hasn’t been added as a feature, even if it was view-only since some accounts are free versus paid. Another irritation is that the pricing scheme doesn’t allow for individuals to upgrade if there are less than 5 people. I am a solopreneur and so my organization is one person. I’d gladly pay for Asana if I could have access to the premium features.

5 Likes

I’m a solopreneur too, and am totally with you on that. I’d be so happy to pay for an upgrade just for myself, but I don’t have a team of 5!

1 Like

P.S. you might want to hit the “vote” button here:

or here:

3 Likes

Thanks so much. I voted for both. Asana is indeed missing out on the solopreneur and smaller teams market. I’ve been using Asana for years and it becomes increasing more difficult to use as my client list grows.

2 Likes

Adding my vote, and my recommendation here that this feature would be an AMAZING addition to ASANA. Please look into this!

Hi everybody - I’ve been working on a personal Asana extension that overhauls the new tab page that does just this. It’s really just been to help me prioritize my own myriad projects and club tasks at my university, but if anybody would like, I could add a link to the extension on the Chrome Web Store!

It’s a WIP but has MVP functionalities and I am continuously working on it throughout this next month until it’s fully completed!

3 Likes

Hi Jason,

I’m interested in testing the extension! Do you need some beta testers?

Best

1 Like

Hi Millor - I would love it if you could test the extension! I have basic functionality, but it does work and I would love some feedback with regards to the feel and functionality of the extension. I’ll DM you the details!

2 Likes

Hey Jason. Would I be able to test this out too? Happy o give some feedback!

Hey Jason can you send me this as well? My second workspace is about to get very busy and the stock interface isn’t going to cut it.

Continuing the discussion from Viewing all assigned tasks across multiple workspaces:

As a general note to everyone who was interested above, the extension link should be the following: AsanaTabs - Chrome Web Store

Please note this is an independent project that isn’t affiliated in any way, shape, or form with Asana. I am currently trying to put some more work into it to add a ton of extra functionalities, but as of currently it’s just a useful interface I developed to manage my 5+ workspaces without it being a complete hassle. Hopefully you find it helpful, and if you would like any specific changes please feel free to DM me!

2 Likes

Just wanted to say, been using this for a week and it does a great job. Thanks for putting it together!

Sincerely,

• a 2 workspace user.
1 Like

Thank you so much! I am working on it in my spare time to add priority sorting functionality via dates, importance, due dates, and other metrics. Please let me know if you want any more functionalities as well!

1 Like

@Jason_Wang I used this with 4 workspaces and LOVE it. This is EXACTLY what I needed. I updated it repacked it for PERSONAL use with my own images and a motivational statement. It is AMAZING. Thank you!

I would love to know how to make it only show TODAY’s tasks, instead of all upcoming. Any help with tweaking your extension would be SO appreciated.

This is fabulous. You’re a lifesaver. Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi @Miss_AnniKa - great to hear that it’s serving you well! I definitely need to add a feedback and bug reporting interface too. With regards to your question, I haven’t actually imported any due_date labels (I’m currently working on it), but if you’d like to contribute I’d be totally down! I’ll try to write up some documentation later but please let me know if you need any help with the HTTP requests or general Javascript backend in the meantime!!!

This seems to be a regular issue being raised by the community.

It would be great to see development take these types of things on a create a unified task and project management system for people.

The power of multiple workspaces and teams is clouded by an individual not being able to plan and attack there day, week and month efficiently cause they don’t have one view…

I worked across marketing, operations and a number of committees. Workspaces for each which makes it a challenge to prioritise.

Just sayin… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

TOTALLY agreed! I find myself recreating tasks in one space just so I can see everything at once. It would be a MUCH APPRECIATED time saver if @asana would incorporate that feature across organizations and workspaces.

2 Likes