Viewing all assigned tasks across multiple workspaces

Mayby it is some plugin for that?

I work as a contractor for various organisations and they all use Asana (which is awesome), what’s not awesome is having to swap between all the different Asana profiles all the time. Id like to be able to look at them individually but also see one task list for them all my profiles.

3 Likes

The app named Taco has a unified My Tasks I believe, did you check it out?

As a contractor/freelancer, I have multiple Asana email logins assigned to me by each company I work with. This causes me to switch windows between my multiple accounts to see all of my tasks. Is there a way I can link all of my tasks from separate users/separate organizations into one view?

2 Likes

Hi @00_00

Please check this article below. It looks like you can merge your multiple accounts under one email, while also keeping your accounts “separated” by the email domains they are assigned to.

Please also check this explanation by @Marie about this!

1 Like

I think you want to have a look at this recent suggestion by @lpb

1 Like

I’m not sure this helps, but maybe I am missing something.

I have added account/workspace A’s email address, to account/workspace B. But when I use account/workspace C to assign B a task, only B gets the task, only when I drop down and go to Cs workspace. It does not show up in B’s “my tasks” within B’s workspace. And A never receives anything. The goal is for C to assign the task to B, B is just a pass-through, and the task lands in A’s workspace, still linked to Cs original task.

Is that possible?

This looks like it might work, but I don’t want to continuously pay for and trust 3rd party integrations.

1 Like

Hey @00_00, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:
Both Mike and Richard have shared great suggestions.

I have also found an existing feedback request thread about this topic so if you prefer a native solution within Asana then I recommend upvoting.

3 Likes

Hi Andrea,

Did you see my response to Mike?

"I’m not sure this helps, but maybe I am missing something.

I have added account/workspace A’s email address, to account/workspace B. But when I use account/workspace C to assign B a task, only B gets the task, only when I drop down and go to Cs workspace. It does not show up in B’s “my tasks” within B’s workspace. And A never receives anything. The goal is for C to assign the task to B, B is just a pass-through, and the task lands in A’s workspace, still linked to Cs original task.

Is that possible?"

Hey @00_00,

yeah so merging the emails into one account means in your Asana account you have various email addresses attached for example but the organizations are still separate.

Here is an example from my account
I have various emails with various domains and I can all see them under my Asana account settings
Screenshot_1723_censored
There I can also set up rules for example emails sent from xxx@xxx.com create tasks in Organization ABC

However, since each Asana organization is set up based on a company’s domain that means they are still separate orgs and you would have to switch.

Screenshot_1724_censored

The only thing that is easier when you connect all your accounts is that you can just switch on the top right instead of having to log out and in again.

I hope that makes sense

2 Likes

Also I have found this thread with a discussion on this topic too:

And actually, I have now found a feedback request thread with even more votes so I will merge everything over there.

1 Like

“The only thing that is easier when you connect all your accounts is that you can just switch on the top right instead of having to log out and in again.”

Yeah, that’s my takeaway from the suggestions. I was really hoping to see all tasks from multiple organizations in one location. Having a drop-down menu that shortcuts you to multiple separate boards doesn’t really provide the global view I’m looking for.

3 Likes

I feel this should be a Asana native feature. Admins how could we get this on the roadmap for development?

I described my case in detail here: Overall level My Tasks - tasks from all organizations and workspaces in one view

I think this feature will outrun all Asana competitor products :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi all,
Our organization is working with Asana for half a year now and some of our business partners are adopting Asana too. Which is great, however this poses the challenge of working with multiple ‘My Tasks’ lists through various organizations I am part of.

As our main objective of using Asana is creating central truth in our organization (in other words: an overview of all tasks in on place), switching organizations might end up in forgetting tasks in other organizations/workspaces.

We are a diversified group of companies with many interdependencies, so to expand the use of Asana further we need a solution to this problem.

My suggestion would be to create a consolidated ‘My Tasks’ feature, which would be shown between ‘Homepage’ and ‘My Tasks’ in the main menu of the app. This feature should be organization wide but optional and switched on or off through Asana admin environment. Finally, within ‘My Tasks (Consolidated)’ there should be a column depicting from which organization the task origins.

By adding this feature Asana will be the ultimate work manager and this USP will beat for example MS Teams which faces a similar challenge.

Looking forward to your feedback. Cheers, Sidney

Ps. We created a work around to solve this issue: This works on small scale, we created an additional organization level and sub companies are added as a team. However we are reaching the limits of this approach ourselves as these sub companies have multiple teams and this fueled the need to split organizations.

2 Likes

When is this going to become a feature? It’s ridiculous that this isn’t a feature already.

Yes I’ve tried taco and the chrome extension. They just don’t do the job. We need a screen with all tasks from our different workspaces to help manage our priorities for the day. It’s really frustrating that no one is listening. This would set asana apart from many other PM apps.

5 Likes

Have you tried Unito?

I am a freelance designer/developer and am always being invited to peoples work spaces etc. I need to see a master list in the home view where I can prioritize by way of drag and drop those items across multiple workspaces so I know what I need to do at any given moment. Currently I have to either open several windows or re-create the task somewhere in order to achieve this. Creating a task list twice just to stay on top of everything I have going on is far too time intensive. I need to get in, mark it and get out. I see the last comment on this thread was in December. Any progress on this request? I don’t want to have to use a 3rd party tool or pay for an additional service to simply organize tasks that already exist in a system. I am a free user, but would happily pay if this feature was available.

6 Likes

Is asana listening ? Covid-19 made the online freelancing community grow exponentially. Now more than ever companies are hiring freelancers in favor of full-time employees. That means the user base that is part of multiple Asana workspaces is growing exponentially as well. Why isn’t asana considering this feature a top priority ?

It is extremely cumbersome to visit each workspace separately, instead of seeing everything that needs to be completed in one place.

4 Likes

It may be growing but it’s still probably a small percentage of their total user base who only use one workspace, and I think that balance is not likely to change too much.