Various odd behavior when writing comments or assigning due dates/assisgnee

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: I have a staff member experiencing issues where when she is writing a comment, it’ll delete before she posts it. Then, she re-types it, and the old comment comes back. Also when she’s adding due dates or assignees to a task, and it just deletes what she input. Sometimes it comes back, but other times she has to input it 2-3 times to get it to stick.

Steps to reproduce: It has just been happening over the past 2 weeks.

Browser version: Chrome

Upload screenshots below: N/A

1 Like

That’s unusual. Is there any chance she has 2 or more browser tabs and/or instances open, and she might be looking first at one, or the other? That might create similar behavior.

Otherwise, assuming she’s already closed and relaunched her browser, I would recommend you capture some live behavior (using e.g. Snagit) and post it here. Otherwise it may be tough to figure out.

1 Like

Hi @Danae_Bowers, thanks for flagging this. And thanks @Stephanie_Oberg for jumping in!

I would suggest confirming if what Stephanie mentioned is the case, and if not, could your colleague please try the below troubleshooting steps?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am experiencing the exact same thing only over the past 2 weeks also. Same Chrome browser. I write a message/description out and it jumps to when I had nothing there or what was there previous. And if I wait a minute it comes back.

I managed to capture it doing it once with typing in description then disappearing. I have it in MP4 here.

It does this with pinning comments/writing comments/archiving inbox. Only happens sporadically not all the time. Probably 3-5 times an hour if I had to make a guess.

Hope this helps.

Hi @Cally_McIntyre, could you please confirm if you’re still experiencing this behaviour? If so, I will go ahead and escalate this internally :slight_smile:

Hi @Cally_McIntyre, as I haven’t heard back from you just yet, I’ve gone ahead and moved this thread to the Closed category.

Feel free to reach back out if you’re still experiencing this issue :slight_smile:

Hi Rebecca - Apologies for the late reply. It seems to have resolved itself in the last week. I haven’t had anymore issues so far. Thank you for checking back in!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.