Using Asana for Part-Time Employees Hours

Hello Friends! :wave:t3:

I have taken a look around for a bit, and have not found a direct answer, but has anyone used Asana as a monthly scheduling tool to track employees’ hours? We have a call center with part-time employees, and at the end of the month, I have to look at the schedule and total up their hours. Just wanted to see if anyone has done something similar. Thanks in advance! :v:t3:

Hey Dustin,

I mean if you want it manually you can work with custom fields where your employees key in hours worked and then you can have an overview under the workload and report feature. You can set up another custom field with planned hours so you can compare (if required)

But honestly I recommend to connect a time tracking tool so everything is precise and they cannot just put in any time. No matter if you trust people or not I recommend doing this as you can also track their efficiency and other things with many apps :slight_smile:
Have a look here at the comparison: Time tracking in Asana: a community built comparison

3 Likes

Thank you! @Andrea_Mayer :medal_sports:

1 Like

Interesting, I would advise using Asana first instead of a time tracking app, that would need adoption :slight_smile:

Hm yeah I get your point and I am always for “everything that can be done on Asana to do on Asana” but yeah I guess it depends on the company and team members, especially how many and if they work in an office or are independent contractors.

I can only comment from my experience that having a time tracking connected to Asana directly provided clearer reports because then team members just have to click start and stop and the total hrs worked per day and per project are pulled into Asana directly (depending on the time tracking tool used) vs keying in the hours manually.
Especially when working with a lot of people that work from home and they are working on many projects this allowed us a more precise overview.

In your case, where? In Asana because the time tracking has a Chrome extension? or on the time tracking website like Toggl?

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.