User Story Mapping Tool for Asana

Hi, everyone! I’m working on creating a new integration for Asana - a board where you can organize your tasks (stories) using User Story Mapping approach - group stories by activity, tasks, sub-tasks, and releases (milestones). You can learn more about it in this video by Jeff Patton.

Do you think that’s a good idea for a new integration? I’d really like to get your opinion on this.

https://storymap.cc

14 Likes

I’m a big fan of Story Mapping! If I can assign an epic as a custom field and export out to a story map tool, I can see a lot of value!

Andy

1 Like

Agreed, this sounds fantastic. Keep us posted when it is ready for testing please.

1 Like

Hi Koistya,
I think it’s a great idea! I’ve been doing customer experience design (kind of like user stories, but in the real world…retail, hospitality, B2B, etc.) fora while. Its so hard to arrange/rearrange steps and track details in current tools. The interface always seems to get in the way. With storymap’s link to asana projects, that frustration I’ve felt may disappear :wink:
I see many ways to use the tool and look forward to collaborating. Of note, my company, StoryMiners, does experience design. It’s very similar to UX/UI design and user story mapping, but we also map encounters in stores, hospitals, offices, plants and warehouses, etc. It’s all the same stuff, just a different palette of colors to work with.
Best,
Mike

1 Like

This would be a great tool to have integrated in Asana to allow all team members of a project to add comments or info straight through Asana along with any relevant task informations. Would love to be part of any Beta testing you end up going down that route.

1 Like

Yes, where do I sign up!?

Hi, it’s going to be a great integration.
You should definitely keep working on this, as this is something which is still missing in Asana.

Hey! Sounds like a great idea. Good to see that there is some support for linking up Asana to a user story map.

Just wanted to point out that the above screenshot from the OP is from our user story mapping tool — Avion! https://avion.io

We have some pretty in-depth integrations, but could look at integrating with Asana if the demand is there :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Curious about this Storymap integration! I see that it’s an option to use with Asana now. Has anyone in the community used it yet? I’ve tried to do a little initial research for reviews and what the interface actually looks like, but haven’t been able to find much online. @koistya - Any additional info or insights you can share?

we need this! what’s the status thus far? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is a great idea. @anon28630972 you mentioned it’s an option to use already but I can’t see it. @koistya is this already useable? Would love to try it.

I’d love to try it, too! It looks like you can implement the integration at the storymap.cc link listed above, but when I try to connect it to a specific project I get a 404 error. I’m not sure if that’s something on my end or if the tool is still in the early phases of development/testing at the moment.

Great idea @koistya! Is it still under development?
At this point I tried to connect a project but I got the same error as @anon28630972. Thank you!

2 Likes

This is exactly what I’m looking for. 7/10/2020 and I’m still getting the 404 Error. Any idea on when this will be functional?

1 Like

Is this the similar to a Customer Journey tool? If so, YES please.

@koistya Any news about your storymap.cc? This would be extremely helpful!

1 Like

@jpsear Avion looks good, any plan to integrate Asana yet? Is there more demand since last November?

1 Like

@malandles cheers!

We’ve had a few people ask about an Asana integration now (one customer even hooked something up themselves using our Jira integration as a proxy and a tool like Zapier (crazy!).

It’s worth noting that the feature is tracked here on our feedback portal: Integrate with Asana | Avion Feedback and Roadmap. If it gets some votes, we’re absolutely up for looking at an implementation.

1 Like

What’s the status on this?

1 Like

We’re not yet getting enough interest to build this feature — but we’re keeping our minds open!

Looks like the original feedback link is now broken, it’s still here: Integrate with Asana | Avion Feedback and Roadmap