Power BI integration description task

Hi,
I have made a connection between my Asana project and Power BI. It works and all, but I miss the description of the task. Since that is pretty important, is there a way to get that as well to Power BI?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Kind regards,
Jenske Meijs

@Rebecca_McGrath do you know if the integration was developer by Asana or PowerBI?

Hi @Bastien_Siebman, I’m nearly certain the Power BI integration was developed by Asana as we offer support on our end: Power BI • Asana

Thanks, so Jenske was correct to post here then :slight_smile:

So now that is settled, hopefully somebody can help me :wink:

I am not sure what Rebecca wants to do, your request is a product request, so I guess it will stay here and the product team will decide to prioritise it or not.

I’m having a similar issue. I’ve managed to connect Asana to Power BI and I can see the tasks. However I can’t see the Task Description in the source dataset. This would be very helpful for what I’m developing in Power BI.

I had the same use case needed. I used the Description field for my strategy discussion for drug shortages and noticed it didn’t cross over. Now, I just created a Strategy custom field (it has a paragraph now in the custom field but it views fine in the Task View) and that crossed over just fine to Power BI and Tableau. Problem solved for now :slight_smile:

1 Like