Use Asana in Multiple Languages at once

Hello!

I’m currently working with a bilingual team and some of my deliverables are in Spanish and others in English. Therefore, when I create a project to create a deliverable that is in Spanish, all my tasks and sections, etc are in Spanish to not have to translate when finalizing everything. However, it is getting a bit annoying that Asana automatically sets everything I write as a spelling mistake :sweat_smile: is it possible to have Asana in English (the app itself and it’s settings) but accept writing in another language?

Regards,
Manuela :slight_smile:

Hi @Manuela_Belisario ,

If you consider using Asana in a browser then you can set the browser auto-correction function to the languages you wish, in the Asana App this function is not available as far as I am aware.

Maybe you can consider using the Browser when you do the heavy lifting of the writing for instance.

Login to app.asana.com to use Asana in a browser and select your spell-check preferences from within the browser you use.

How to activate spell-check in Chrome

…and Firefox

Cheers,
Rosario

Hey Rosario!

Thank you so much. I hadn’t thought about this solution, that’s a good idea. Hopefully one day they’ll sneak in a feature in Asana for this as well.

And thank you for the extra info on how to set the spell check in the browsers!

Have a great day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like I said in a similar post: It’s hard to believe this is still an unresolved issue. The appeal of the deskstop app for user with multiple languages is cero, none, nada. Not only is a very old issue, but says a lot about how the company respond to consumer feedback. It seems multilanguage users are not a priority for Asana. I am no programmer, but my guess is that this shouldn’t be that hard to fix. We are talking about turning off a simple but very annoying setting. Common Asana, get it together already.

Yes, I am a new user of Asana with my organization. I also have this issue in that I want to be able to easily type in English and Spanish without switching between them in settings. Asana should figure this out in an increasingly multilingual world!

Thanks Rosario for this tip! I set my Chrome spellcheck to be in both English and Spanish and this solved the issue. Now I can write in both languages and Asana is not underlining everything I write in Spanish.