Updating similar templates on multiple projects simultanously

Hi,

We use projects in Asana to manage clients relation and ongoing tasks.
I recently created a task template of standard monthly repetitive tasks, and added it to several projects.

I was wondering if there is a way to update a single task template and it will be updated in all the related projects? Or do I need to go one by one?

HI @David_Grif - welcome to the forum. What tier of Asana do you use?

Hi Thank you :slight_smile:
We have the Premium plan

Hi David,

Thank you for getting back to me.
There is not sadly a way to update them all at once sadly.

A work around could be to create a task with the structure that you need - multi home it into all the projects then when in each project click on ‘convert to template’ on that task. Might mean fewer steps for you.

2 Likes

Just in case you ever consider upgrading to the enterprise plan then you would be able to achieve this via bundles. More info here: How to use Bundles in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

Bundles are any combination of rules, fields, sections, and task templates that can be applied across multiple projects at once. Every time you edit or update a bundle, these changes will be reflected in all projects using that specific bundle.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.