Up-Arrow key not working in Comments text field

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When entering/editing Asana comments, the [Up-Arrow] key does not seem to work. However, the [Left-Arrow] key does, and of course, the mouse as well.

Steps to reproduce:
Create an Asana comment with multiple lines as well as text that overflows to the next line (i.e. paragraphs). Then try to use the [Up-Arrow] key to move to previous lines above where you were currently entering text. Result, nothing happens, i.e. the cursor does not move and no other response is produced.

Browser version:
Firefox Quantum - Extended Support Release (FF-ESR) 68.11.0esr (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Not reproducing for me. Able to move up and down using up/down arrow keys. Checked with paragraph in add new comment and edit comment mode.
Verified on Firefox ESR 68.11.0esr (32-bit).

1 Like

Hi @Christopher_C_Alby, thanks for reporting this and sorry for the trouble here. Let’s try to solve this together!

I just tested this on Firefox - Extended Support Release (FF-ESR) 68.11.0esr (64-bit) and I’m able to use up and down arrow keys as well. Have you tried to follow some troubleshooting steps in your browser? We’ve listed some useful steps in this article. It’ll be also interesting to check if the issue persists when you access Asana in a private/incognito window.

Looking forward to your reply!

1 Like