Universal Reporting missing filtering by Sections

I’m missing filtering by Sections, therefore the data I have is not correct. Not sure if it’s a bug or a feature request.
Section filter is available in the Dashboard reporting.

Use case:
I create a new project for each Sprint. In Universal Reporting I’d like to sum up all tasks within all Sprint projects which are in the sections Done.
Summing up all completed tasks does not produce true results.

Hi @anon52614418, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

Hopefully our Product team can add filtering by Sections to Universal Reporting in the future. I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

Thank you.

I’m thinking whether there’s an option to get around this and make the Reporting work for me somehow. Maybe someone has an idea :slight_smile:

F.ex. In Universal Reporting I’d like to have a graph showing how many tasks are in the Done sections in each Project (which for me would show how many tasks were finished in each sprint - right now I track it in excel/external tools).

Right now, it’s like this:

1. A task was added to Project 1 - ‘To do’ section.
  2. There was no space for it in the timeframe of Project 1, so it was added to Project 2 ‘To do’ section.
  3. It was finished in the timeframe of Project 2, so it was moved to the ‘Done’ section in Project 2.
  4. In Project 1 this task is still in the ‘To do’ section but it’s now completed, so Universal Reporting counts it as completed in Project 1, even though it’s not in section ‘Done’.

Hi! I am trying to create a backlog system for our weekly sprints. The way I want this to work is to set up a “backlog” task section in every project. Then, I want to create a report that would count all the tasks in these task sections across all projects. But it seems there’s no such filter. Any thoughts?

Hi @sonic360, welcome to the Asana Community forum :wave:t2:

While filtering by Section in reports isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

Hi,

Is there an update on this? Being able to filter reports based on sections could be a great improvement on the reporting capabilities.