Unable to Remove Tasks from Projects

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When I remove a task from a project, it seems to be removed from the project, but it shows up as still part of the project if you check out the event itself. If you export, the task remains in the project as well.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Add task to projects A and B.
  2. Remove task from project B
  3. Check that task A is no longer in project B
  4. Export project B to json to view that the task is still there
  5. Enter project A and find the task to see that it is still in project B

Browser version:
Safari 14.0 and Brave 1.14.81

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @anon43853997 and thanks for the report!

Could you please share the URL of this task, as well as the URL of the project? Many thanks

Hi Marie, here it is! https://app.asana.com/0/1183416554372863/1193717467359356

Thanks for this additional info @anon43853997!

I think I understand what’s happening here. “Photos” is a subtask of “Template” and “Template” belongs to the “New Installations Dummy Data (Do not modify)” project.

“Photos” actually don’t belong directly to the “New Installations Dummy Data (Do not modify)” project; but it’s parent task, “Photos” does! This is why you’re seeing the project name just above “Photos”.

By default, subtasks don’t inherit their parent’s task attribute, so any subtasks you’ll create in this project won’t belong to the project unless you actually manually add it to the project. You can learn more about this topic in the following article: How to Use Asana subtasks | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

I’m moving this task to #tipsandtricks as everything is working as expected here, but don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any follow-up questions!

Hey Marie,

Thank you so much!

Best,
Jeff

1 Like