Turn Workspace into Organization

Hi I created an organization with our company´s email and the my CEO created a workspace for our company. After this He wanted to turn his workspace into an Organization Account but couldn´t because our domain was alredy used (by me). Now, how can I move his workspace into my Organization and give the whole team organization´s rights? OR can I delete my organization so that he can turn his workspace into Organization freely? (If I do the latest will I loose all my tasks? Also how should I do it? Just delete account?)

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!!

Hi @Julieta_Martinez and welcome :slight_smile :slight_smile:

You’ve a couple of options there depending on how much and member your CEO currently has in his Workspace.

• If your Workspace contains a load of data and members, I would recommend removing the domain from your Organisation and use it to convert your CEO Workspace into an Organisation. This is not something you can do in-product, but this is something our support can do for you. You can reach out to them following these steps: How do I contact support

• If your Workspace doesn’t contain too much data and only a few members, it will be quicker for you to transfer all your data from the Workspace into your Org along with members. You can transfer data with Ditto and invite members from your Workspace to your Org very easily. If you’d like to save your own data, you can create a new - separate - workspace in your account and transfer it there, but you can also easily export and delete your projects.

If using the paid version of Asana in either of these spaces, I would highly recommend you to reach out to our support team first, based on your subscription, they will be able to advise you with the best solution!

Hope this helps, but let me know if you have any follow-up questions!