Tracking how long it takes to complete all tasks in a section

My company’s design department has 6 distinct phases of the design process, each with a set of specific tasks / approvals to complete before moving to the next phase. Right now, each client is set up as their own project with each phase as a section and tasks for each phase within the corresponding section.

Is there a way to report on how long it takes to complete all tasks within each section? We need to understand how long each phase of the design process is taking on average as well as the average length of time to complete client projects from start to finish.

I know Screenful can report on time individual tasks spend in each section but that would mean turning each client’s design project into a card and adding all tasks as subtasks. I don’t want to do this because I need to be able to report on tasks / custom fields in dashboards.

1 Like

Hi @Katie_Andrews1, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! As it stands, it’s currently not possible to track how long it takes to complete all tasks in a section within the Asana product. As a workaround, you can export your project to CSV and then build a report in Excel or Google Spreadsheets to calculate the time. In the CSV export, we include the creation time and completion time.

You can also find some other tips and upvote for this feature in these threads:

https://forum.asana.com/t/count-the-amount-of-time-between-stages/151438

I hope this helps!

Thanks Emily!

Do you know if Screenful would offer the ability to track the length of time it takes to complete all tasks within one section?

I believe they do and you could contact them or see their site/blog for details.

Thanks,

Larry

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.