Thanks for the response Shannon. My screenshot was a bad example, since I am playing with several options at the same time. In that screenshot I have…
- Sprint Number Milestones.
- Sprint Number Sections.
- Sprint Number (SprintID) Custom Fields.
They’re all going on at the same time because each has a potential benefit to the overall flow. I ‘wish’ the Sections or Milestones could offer the benefits of both, but currently they do not, so I use each for the following reasons…
- Sprint Number Milestones: to allow for Progress and Portfolio to provide Exec-level summary of how the project is going.
- Sprint Number Sections: to allow for easy add/remove of a Task (Story) from a Backlog project to a specific Sprint Number in this Sprints project.
- Sprint Number (SprintID) Custom Fields (text field): these will ONLY be used if they allow for collapse of the custom field numbers when sorted by the ‘SprintID’ custom field. So far, that does not seem to work.
In the screenshot I uploaded, the Sprints Project is sorted by the ‘SprintID’ custom field, not the Milestone or Section, yet… it does not result in collapsible SprintIDs. I presume I’m doing something wrong?