Timeline view - red dependency arrows for tasks that happen on the same day but at different times

Hey,

I’ve built a timeline with tasks due on the same day but at different times. The dependency arrows show up as red in the timeline view - how can I fix this? Is this a bug?

Best,

Julian

Hi @Julian_Underdown :wave: and thank you for reaching out!

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your Timeline view and a screenshot of the tasks that are connected with the red arrow so we can investigate this further?

If you don’t feel confortable sharing the Screenshot publicly in the this thread, feel free to DM me (You just need to click on my name above and select “Message”).

Looking forward to your reply!

Thanks Natalia!

I’ve DM’s you. Talk soon :slight_smile:

@Natalia a dependency between tasks on the same day shouldn’t raise a conflict, but that’s what happening.

Hi Natalia,
I am creating project templates for my team. We need to have multiple tasks on the same day as part of a project, which are all dependent of one another.

Example:

Task 1 – Due date 03.02
Task 2 – Due date 03.02
Task 3 – Due date 03.02
Task 4 – Due date 04.02

Task 3 is blocked by Task 2 and Task 2 is blocked by Task 1.

If I shift on timeline view the due date of Task 1 to 04.02, the due dates for Task 2 and 3 do not automatically shift to 04.02 either, they stay at 03.02.

We are creating enormous templates so we cannot have it that once a project is created from a template, that we have to go in and manually make these changes once a timeline is shifted - due to this dependency conflict.

Could you please help me on a work around for this?

One workaround we have looked at is grouping Task 1,2,3 as one master task and have the details of Task 1,2,3 in the subtasks of that master task. We have also tried the Due Time and has not worked either.

Thanks!

1 Like