Timeline templates that include dependencies that shift based on project start date

When making more complex project templates that are structured in the timeline view, I would like the scale of the tasks and their relationships to be baked in, not the specific due dates. This is so that when I create a new project from this template, it automatically shifts this mass of dependencies so that the first task starts at either the project creation date or the project start date (ideally the latter, which would hopefully be defined when creating the project).

Hi @asherterpstra have a look at Flowsana built by one of the community members @Phil_Seeman it maybe what you are looking for.

Jason.

1 Like

Thanks Jason, I’m hoping for a native solution, but I will check it out.

1 Like

No worries. Yes a native solution in Asana would be nice…

Jason.

1 Like

Thanks for the mention @Jason_Woods.

@asherterpstra, send me a Private Message if you have any questions at all about Flowsana - it will do exactly what you’re asking for. There’s currently no native capability in Asana for that.

2 Likes

I all closing this thread as we’ve now a solution to address this issue both in all Asana projects (including templates)! have a look at these two announcements to learn more:

Have a great day!!