Timeline on iPad app

Uhm, is that a reason to not listen to paying users about key missing features from their main computing devices?

This is a dumb comment

1 Like

I’m using the iPad pro more and more. It’s so powerfull… the only thing that is holding it’s back is apps/companies that dismantle there systems, and strip out for me essential features.

• 1 for timeline

One good thing. Apple is coming out with a new desktop like Safari. There will be no difference then to a desktop vs ipad and we can stop using the Asana iPad app.

Hint: you can at least access yourTimelines on an iPad today, by requesting the desktop version of the website within Safari. See picture.

(It does not work well for editing the timeline, but better than nothing.)

1 Like

Tap and hold the “reload” icon to see the “Request desktop website” option.

Thank goodness for this tip! I have been tearing my hair out trying to work out how to view the timeline on my iPad Pro. I needed to take a client through a timeline and I did not have my laptop with me. I agree with the comments here. This built in timeline feature is one of the main reasons we switched to Asana in the first place. So it seems mad that it is not in the App.

1 Like

+1 here, please add timeline on iPad. Even on iPadOS with desktop class browsing, it’s not working as expected. We definitely need this!

1 Like

Yes i see the need of implement it in iphone too, iphone users need the same workflow in movil that in pc, i agree that the absence of timeline in IOS makes me wait until i am on PC to make change to my timelines, i hope someone we have this feature on IOS/android

best regards
Samuel

1 Like

What are you using now - it there a better alternative? I’m missing this functionality too and looking for some alternative.

August 2020 and still not there. Really disappointed no one from Asana seems to be engaging this forum. Add my +1!

The browsers on iPad used to open the Asana webapp with the timeline but they start now automatically Asana app without timeline, so one actually has to delete the app from the iPad to access the webapp with the timeline. I agree, this must improve, it is a major shortcoming for the money.

2 Likes

I also would very much like this feature. Especially with the iPad Pro + magic keyboard. Having native experience is ideal.

1 Like

I agree! If mobile phone screen is too small, at least allow us to view timeline in landscape mode.
Usually on the go with my iPhone and android phone. It’s really cumbersome if I have to pull out my laptop on the go just to get into timeline view

2 Likes

Very sad when I got my ipad pro yesterday and found that the timeline view was not an option. Please add to the app. Thank you!

2 Likes

very helpful document…looking for it for a long time.

1 Like

Three years on and this this isn’t an option?
Come on @Asana_Admin1 get on board and have timeline visible.

1 Like

Hi Ben Jackson, you can see the dark mode on the iPad by scheduling dark mode. This can be done by open the settings where you will see that the application has a gear-shaped icon on a gray background. Here you need to select the option that states Display and Brightness as this option has two letters A’s as its icon. You can then enable Toggle automatic as it will schedule dark mode when the sun sets and turn it off when the sun rises. You can also select options for on and off times and press on the option of Custom schedule. For further solutions, you can see https://appuals.com/dark-mode-apple-iphone-ipad-mac/ this website. This will let you choose a customer dark mode schedule. In the end, click on the times to make the custom schedule as this time when you need the dark mode to turn on and off.

I’m trialing Asana before committing to paid version. Not reassuring to see a forum topic completely ignored by Asana.

Would it be possible to hear from the team whether timeline on iPad is in the roadmap?

2 Likes

Any update or movement on the timeline feature on iPad? @Asana_Admin4 @Asana_loftwork-admin

Timeline on the app you can see in ASO optimization tools. A lot of softwares have this feature.
I don’t about timeline, but for optimization apps I this this site. It’s conveniently.