Timeline Enhancements

I’m looking for a better way to build roadmaps.

1. I’d really love if your slack integration could grab a screenshot of 6 months of the timeline of a project. Having settings around this would be awesome.
    I’m imagining in our team slack channel, I could type “/slack” and select “grab timeline” and it would return a screenshot that I can customize in asana. I’d want to be able to choose the project timeline, the amount of time shown from the roadmap, etc. Then this would return a clean screenshot of the timeline.
    The reason I want this is so that I can easily share the roadmap with the engineering team. No one realistically logs into asana to view this. It’d be great to share this in slack directly as a screenshot.

2. Looking for a solution for #1, I found a product called ProductPlan that lets you input milestone markers. This was really cool to show on the timeline when our black friday code freeze happens for instance. Made planning much more visible, and helped me communicate “we need to get this done by X date, because look how close we are to code freeze” etc.

3. I’m confused about the colors selected for tasks on the timeline. The color is default, but the only other option is to add custom fields with color? I don’t get how this works.

4. To create a clean roadmap, I had to link all my tasks from one project to a new project. In the project I manage for myself, I have many different columns in a board that communicate different things. But then in the same project if I toggle to timeline view, it shows all the columns in the board view, which is like eye bleach and not a good communication tool for my team. It would be great if you could select which column in a board would be shown on the timeline.

Hi @anon34495098 and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

We already have some existing threads for the topics you’re referring to and I’ve also split your feedback about Slack. Feel free to add you vote and comments to them :slight_smile:

In regards to your question about colors in Timeline, I suggest you checking this section of our guide article for Timeline.

With that said, please try to keep one feedback only per thread, so other members interested in one particular feedback can vote for this particular feedback as opposed to voting for all by default. It’s also a lot easier for our Product team to collect feedback from the Forum, and for us Community Manager to follow-up on!

Feel free to make any adjustments you need to, and of course, if there is anything else I can help with, please let me know!

Have a great Friday!