Filter Timeline view by Section

Is it possible to filter the timeline view by sections?

Our projects have multiple sections, and I would like to be able to filter the timeline view down to only specific sections.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community Forum @Brian_Altman!

Great question, it’s currently not possible to filter Timeline by sections. This is a great request and I believe other users will be interested to upvote. I’ve gone ahead and move this thread to thee product feedback category. I hope you don’t mind!

Let me know if you have follow-up questions!

I’d like to find a way to only see tasks from a particular section within a calendar view (rather than from all the sections within the project). Is this possible?

Hi @anon40670960, thanks for reaching out! As it stands, it’s currently not possible to filter tasks in Timeline view. We already have a thread on this topic in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to centralize feedback. Please don’t forget to upvote here: Filter Timeline view by Section. Thanks!

Having the ability to group sections within the timeline view will certainly help organise timelines when used as Product Roadmaps.

Currently, I have a timeline with over 10 swimlanes and will be great to group them with according tot the user group the products/features represent such as Consumer Product, Community Product etc.

Hi @Laren_Agius, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

We already have a thread on this topic in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to centralize feedback.

Hopefully this is something our Product team can implement in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Rebecca, Implementing such a feature will certainly make Asana a powerful product management tool

Hi guys, I’d love to be able to filter in the timeline view. I’ve found this thread, any updates on when this feature will be made available?

Hi there, any updates on when this will be available? It seems very critical to make this work as a search filter in timeline view.

1 Like

Would love this. Without this feature, I am being forced to break out each section to its individual project. And sending into a Portfolio.

Wow, it feels silly that this is not an option… now I need to rethink my organization hierarchy… or I guess I can create a redundant custom field and an automation that sets that custom field based on what section it’s in, so then I can filter using that… But that’s a tedious workaround for a should-be no-brainer feature

@Rebecca_McGrath any update on this?

Hi, this would be an extremely useful filter for sharing timelines with clients. We don’t need them to see every single task on projects so a way to filter by section or custom field would be great. Any updates planned for this??