Filter the Calendar Project Sections

An awesome feature would be if we could have a “filter-by-section” option on the Calendar view. I have created a section for “schedule items” (for example) and I would love the ability to look at the calendar and only see that section of my project. I keep other tasks and their due dates in there, but I use this to also build a project schedule (I am in construction), and want to only look at that particular section. I know I could look at the Timeline View but that is not the same and not as user friendly.

Thoughts? Is this already possible?

Thanks!

Hi @Kelsea_Nemcek and thank you so much for sharing this feedback with us!

This is unfortunately not possible at the moment, but I can definitely see how useful it would be based on the Workflow you described! I’ve gone ahead and slightly modified the title of your thread so it better reflects your request and is more discoverable. I’ll make sure to keep you posted on this thread as soon as I have an update!

Thanks Marie!

Hey Marie, I was wondering if there was any further discussion on this one? It would be such a great feature!!!

1 Like

Hello,

We are hightly interested in this feature too.
Filtering task by section is a usefull feature we really need to improve our project management process workflow.

Thanks a lot for the update on this demand.

Hey Marie - are there any updates on this one? Still hoping to see this one come through since one project houses multiple sections that have due dates pertaining to different “topics” but all a part of the same project.

Thanks!

This would be a great feature! I don’t use the calendar too often, but it would still be great to filter by section, even in the List view. We have a lot of sections in our projects and I find myself scrolling a lot.

I whole heartedly support this feature of being able to filter my calendar view by section. This would be really useful when trying to show the sales team just the promotional aspects of my marketing campaign (vs content production aspects, operations, etc). Is there a timeline on when this might become available?

I’m also desperately in need of this feature as well

1 Like

I agree this would be SUPER useful. I’m trying to move over our current Excel marketing calendar to Asana but 1 - you can only see so many lines in calendar view without hitting “more” and 2 - can’t filter by section. Going to be extremely difficult to get stakeholders to approve the transition without this functionality.

Hi Marie,

Is there any further update on this feature? It would be a really helpful addition for many users.

Can you let us know a) whether this feature is in the list of future upgrades and b) if so, when you would expect it to be launched?

1 Like

HI Marie,

Ia there any update with this feature? It would be super helpful!