Time tracking via everhour extension not working

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: Timer won’t run when clicked, can’t add or edit time either.

Steps to reproduce:

Browser version: Chrome 79 on Mac Mojave

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Corey_Hill and thanks for reaching out!

Other users have reported similar issues in the past few days, @Tomer_Efrati seems to have found a solution in Everhour doesnt work correctly on Asana so hopefully he can find his solution. If not, I’d recommend reaching out directly to Everhour support following the steps in this article: Everhour + Asana Integration: Time Tracking for Teams • Asana, it’s Everhour is a third party app, they’ll be in a better position to help!

Hi @Corey_Hill,

Quick follow-up to let you know that Everhour has just shared some info about the difficulties they’re encountering at the moment. You can read it here: Recent Chrome Extension Issues Due to Delayed Review by Google

The Timesheet option on my Asana dashboard has stopped from reflecting. I have tried to uninstall and instal again. I have tried reauthorisation and integrating Everhour afresh but nothing works.

Hi @Sulagna_Das, welcome to the forum and sorry for the trouble here!

Since Everhour is a third party app, in order to investigate this issue further, I’d recommend reaching out directly to their support following the steps in this article: Everhour + Asana Integration: Time Tracking for Teams • Asana.

Hey Marie, just a quick note about a typo in your reply. It should be “Everhour”, not “Evernote”

Whoops! Thanks for flagging this @Mike_Kulakov, I’ve gone ahead and fixed it! :wink:

1 Like

Dear Corey and other customers of Everhour and Asana.

As you know, the only way for us to embed controllers into Asana interface is by means of our browser extension. And while we do our best to make this process as simple, transparent and automated as possible, minor issues can take place.

Let me explain in more details:

• First and foremost, to make everything work, our browser extension should be installed. Sometimes users skip this important step due to various reasons. Or, over time, they may accidentally delete it. The extension must be installed on all browsers and computers you are using Asana. You might have installed the extension on your work computer, but later forgot to do it on your home computer. Our extension works in Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge and Opera.

• Without getting into technical nuances, sometimes Asana can change something on their side, which we couldn’t take into account, as the result our controls might temporarily disappear. It even happens that the changes were not applied to all Asana users, only for a specific %, so we may not immediately notice the issue. When we know that the issue exists, we typically resolve the issue within a couple of hours.

• Therefore, you should always have the latest version of our extension installed. From our experience, Chrome updates automatically after a while (on a restart of the browser at a point after the new extension version is available on their webstore). You can also force the update manually.

• If something isn’t working, please contact our support. Some minor tweaks could be done even without updating the extension. In rare cases, we have to do a much longer cycle and release a new version of the extension, which takes up to 12 or even 24 hours (depends on review and approval process). Please keep in mind, that during this time, you can keep tracking time through our web interface.

More information available in our Knowledge base - Browser Extension - Everhour

1 Like