This meeting could not be found in Zoom

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Client created a scheduled meeting, password protected that will in our Asana task reject with “This meeting could not be found in Zoom”, but ID and link works on Zoom browser app and desktop app.

Steps to reproduce:
We don’t know how to reproduce this. If we create a Zoom meeting in Asana, or in Zoom itself
then it works. Client created a scheduled meeting from his Zoom as always and send us official email invitation that we tried to add to our task.
Browser version:

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Robert_Burbridge, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

I’m sorry to hear you’ve run into trouble with the Zoom integration! Could you please confirm if you have this same issue with any other Zoom meetings?

Please also try these troubleshooting steps and let me know if this resolves the issue:

I’m looking forward to hearing back from you! :slight_smile:

Hi @Robert_Burbridge, just checking in to see if you have tried out the troubleshooting steps! :slight_smile:

Did they work for you?

1 Like

Hi @Rebecca_McGrath !
I apologise for the late reply. I wanted to test as many scenarios as possible.

• What I came to understand through testing is that Asana will only insert existing Zoom meetings that where created by me or other team members of a project (meetings created outside Asana, but for example with mine Zoom account logged in).
    This will not work with someone outside, who is not assigned to our project in Asana. For example a potential client, or ongoing client, business partner who we don’t want to invite to our Asana project.

• We tried the general troubleshooting guide you shared, but with no success. Different browsers, Brave, Chrome, Firefox, Safari,Edge, systems Mac, Windows and computers. Checking connection, cookies, extensions etc.

• The Zoom meting our client created did work as planned → not in Asana, but we connected through email invitations, or by manually entering the provided ID number.

• Now, client has created another meeting with a similar code ID and Asana again will not recognise her Zoom ID.

If I am correct with my understanding how the Zoom integration works for now, I would kindly ask to add to “wish list” possibility to add any planned Zoom meeting → even non Asana project member, or Asana workspace member.

Thank you for your time on this one. I hope we can come to a solution or explanation.
Have a pleasant day

Hi @Robert_Burbridge, thanks for getting back to me!

This is correct! You can only create Zoom meetings for the Zoom account linked to your Asana account.

It is expected that meetings created by non-Asana users would return an error!

I hope this clears things up for you! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.