🥳 TGIF: What’s your quarantine book recommendation?

Happy Friday everybody! :wave:t4: I hope you are keeping well!

Yesterday was International Book Day :closed_book: so we’ve decided to dedicate this week’s TGIF post to books and reading habits! :tada:

Are you already an avid reader, or are you leveraging the current quarantine to make it a habit?
I personally read a lot and this week, I’ve decided to re-enjoy the adventures of THE most brilliant detective of all time, Sherlock Holmes! :male_detective:t5: :female_detective: Let’s see if you’re good detectives yourself, can you guess what I am using as a bookmark? :mag_right:

What about you? Do you have a favorite book you’d like to recommend to our Community? Are you more into paper books or have you shifted to e-books and audiobooks?

We can’t wait to read your comments and recommendations! :hugs:

7 Likes

If now isn’t the time for escapist entertainment, I’m not sure when would be!

In that vein, I’m reading “Batman: White Night” by Sean Murphy.

7 Likes

Pre-quarantine one of my new year’s resolutions was to read more so I joined a 2020 reading challenge. Quarantine has helped me make progress on my list, although I have to say back in January I obviously didn’t think we’d be in our current situation given the number of dark and depressing books I chose :grimacing:.

I recently started the popular Louise Penny series and am enjoying the first book so far.

8 Likes

A book I recommend to everyone is Lexicon by Max Barry. I don’t typically read a lot of sci-fi but this book is one of my all-time favorites!

5 Likes

For true outer-world escapism, go for Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky, true mind-bending stuff ! :wink:

6 Likes

I am reading Atomic Habit by James Clear. Quarantine is a good time to build habit as our schedule is more predictable

I am also reading Obstacle is The Way by Ryan Holiday. That book gives me an injection of positivity on the right dose

6 Likes

Actually finished this before Quarantine but ‘Shoe Dog’ by Phil Knight has to be my favorite book of all time.

Great story of a now famous founder, that shows everybody struggled at some point.

Pro tip: The audio book version is incredible to pair with your reading as well!

4 Likes

I’m reading the Harry Potter series for the (brace yourself) first time. AMAZING.

4 Likes

I’ve read Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder very timely with the whole issue of pandemics.

Currently reading Passionate Nomad: The Life of Freya Stark, it is very entertaining and provides good insight into the life of traveler, explorer, Arabist and writer Freya Stark. A good reminder that despite all the hardships, it is possible to have an astonishing career.

2 Likes

Highly recommend The Book of Joy and The Secret!

1 Like

Did anyone guess what your bookmark was? I’m intrigued… :mag_right:

Hi @anon82461828, I don’t think anyone did, but there is a big clue in Utiliser Asana, ses tutoriels, conseils de formation et cas d’utilisation des équipes | Guide produit • Guide produit Asana :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s the :unicorn:!!!

1 Like

Well played @anon82461828 :clap:t3:

Have you finished the Sherlock Holmes stories? I’m sad to admit I’ve never read them. Will add them to my Audible list - I’ll bet hearing them read by someone with a British accent will add to their charm…

I’ve never read them either :see_no_evil: but I believe Natalia finished it! And :100: agreed about the british accent!

Oh! Sorry - now I see it was Natalya’s post! :roll_eyes: :crazy_face:

1 Like