🥳 TGIF: Share your quaranTIPS for mindfulness!

Happy Friday everybody! I hope you all had a nice and productive week! :grinning:

As most of us are getting ready for the weekend, here is a new TGIF post and an opportunity to share your :house_with_garden: WFH experience with our Community.

This week, let’s talk about mindfulness and activities or hobbies that help you keep busy & healthy during these unprecedented times! Tell us what (unconventional) activity has helped you to stay mindful. Are you kneading dough :man_cook: folding laundry :necktie: crocheting :yarn: or even drawing :art:?

I personally find making puzzles super helpful :jigsaw: I believe it is a great exercise for the mind and a good form of meditation :woman_in_lotus_position:t2:

Here is a picture of the last puzzle I assembled :trophy:

What about you? Share some pics :camera_flash: of your activities and tell us about your own experience in the comments below!

Looking forward to hearing your tips and trying out some new techniques!

Have a great weekend! :wave:t5:

7 Likes

I’ve been baking a lot in the past few weeks which has helped me stay happy and mindful :woman_in_lotus_position:t2:Playing with dough is definitely one of my favorite thing :blush:

5 Likes

I agree with the baking! It’s nice to find ways to use the groceries I am able to find. I can’t seem to find yeast but I found plenty of eggs.

I’ve also been watching make-up or hair tutorials and testing them out. Since I’m at home, no one can see when these fail :grinning:

6 Likes

Hey great Idea. I myself got back to meditation and I did set a daily target of 40min, I am trying to make it a habit again :innocent: !

4 Likes

While I’ve been spending most of my time at home, I have made a point of getting out for walks most days, trying to choose times of day where the streets are relatively empty. I’ve been enjoying taking photos as I witness this very unique period in history.

Here are a few choice shots that I’ve taken in Vancouver over the past few weeks.

2 Likes

Similar to @timstringer have been making sure I get outside as much as possible taking walks, with the dog;

He does the swimming too cold for me…

And enjoying what is around us at home, safe with my wife and two adult sons and the visitors that pop in to say hello…

For the non Australians this is a magpie, which are renowned for aggressively protecting their young during nesting season (which it isn’t at the moment)

Enjoy the weekend and stay safe everyone…

Great idea @Natalia,

Jason.

3 Likes

Like many others, staying on the move and getting outdoors has certainly helped regulate sanity. I was coming off a sports injury as COVID-19 struck, so it has actually helped me get back into a workout :weight_lifting_woman: routine. Keeping the energy levels up has helped with the the second job (in-home daycare :wink:). Here is evidence of me crushing pushups with one hand behind my back…

7 Likes

Baking is helping me a lot. I made a cheesecake yesterday

4 Likes

Wow, 40 mins!

1 Like

Crosswords! They help me staying mindful and they keep my brain active!

5 Likes

I love getting outside for a bike ride with my family or for a run by the lake. That always keeps me going.

4 Likes

Doing a 1500 piece puzzle! Having fun, also lots of work as a small Non-profit. More work in fact now than ever before!!

4 Likes