Team and Portfolio Structure Setup Best Practice

Hello, I was wondering if you could advise on the best practice for setting up the structure for a larger organization where you have multiple layers of company structure and teams. So for example say you have 5 small teams that roll up under one medium size team as a broad group/team. I would like setup each small team as their own team in Asana but then looking for the best way to roll up all of the projects of each small team into one bigger view for the broader team that all of the people belong to also. Is it best to use a portfolio at the higher level team and keep all the projects down in the individual teams could should the project be setup to show at both the small team level and at the higher level team with then an option to also create a portfolio. Any advise for an expert would be appreciated as I want to ensure we align to best practices to get the most out of Asana. Thanks

Welcome, @anon42803383,

Perhaps you’d find my eBook chapter (free) of value:

It doesn’t address all your questions, but I certainly address those daily with clients! There are many alternatives, and many trade-offs, to the different approaches so it really benefits from understanding your particular organization and its unique needs.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Thanks Larry so it seems there should be no problem creating more teams which makes sense. What is the best way to roll up all of the project under each time into one single high level view of projects? Thanks

1 Like

@anon42803383, If you’re on the Business plan, Portfolios is recommended. If you’re not on Business, or are looking for other alternatives, I offer the following:

Larry

1 Like