Tasks with dependency are threated differently in "Inbox" and "My tasks

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
The “Inbox” view of a task leets me right on the task mark it complete
On the “My task” view it showed the hour glass to show a “blocking task”

Steps to reproduce:
Asign a task (subtask in this case) to someone and make sure that task has a dependency on another task (subtask)

Browser version:
Chrome most up to date as of today

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Tobias_Lindh, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

I’ve gone ahead and moved your post to the #productfeedback category to give you and other community members an option to vote for this feature!

I’ve also submitted a request internally :slight_smile:

I’ll circle back on this thread should we have any updates!

1 Like

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: Tasks that are blocked by other tasks (using the Dependencies function) still can be marked complete in the inbox without any warning. Also there is the common check box icon beside those tasks in the inbox instead of the “waiting” icon.

Steps to reproduce: create task, block task by another task, assign task, set due date today, go to inbox, check the task complete.

Browser version: Firefox 88.0 (64-Bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Till_Hartmann, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

I can confirm that this is currently expected behaviour. There is an existing thread on this topic in the #productfeedback category so I have gone ahead and merged your post with this one to consolidate feedback. I hope you don’t mind :slight_smile:

I’ll keep you posted on this thread if we have any updates to this feature :slight_smile:

1 Like