Task's preview icons no longer show as static

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I’m not sure if this is a bug from the recent updates but the comment, like and subtask icons no longer shows in the task list view, it only appears when mouse hovers the task.

Steps to reproduce:
It would be really useful if the preview icons would work as before where it’s static so it’s easy to know which tasks has comments to action

Browser version:

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?
Premium

Upload screenshots below:
Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 9.57.09 PM

1 Like

Hi @Jaro_Necesito, sorry for any confusion. This is in fact a test our team is running for an optimized view, and it’s not a bug, but I’ll pass your feedback along for consideration!

1 Like

Please don’t hide the subtask and comment icons, those icons signal to me that there is additional information for a certain task. This update would impede functionality.

I agree with Alex. Seeing the icons help significantly with productivity and ease of use in Asana.

I haven’t seen this in my env yet, but this would really be a problem for me and my clients.

If this might occur, I feel it must be an option (My Settings > Display) with the default that the indicators are visible.

@ambforumleader and @pforumleader, do you agree?

I’d appreciate if you could pass this along to the product team, @Vanessa_N.

Thanks,

Larry

5 Likes

@lpb,

I agree this could raise issues for customers who rely on these visual cues.

2 Likes

@lpb,

I agree; I think the absence of those icons would be a big loss in usability.

2 Likes

I totally agree, many customers ask to see the number of subtasks and hoped to even have an indication of the number of subtasks completed. so it’s clear that displaying nothing more would be a bad decision in my opinion.

2 Likes

I completely agree - this would be a major loss, actually I can already see it in some instances :confused:

If anything else, it seems some users want more icons such as an attachment indicator which would be useful for users heavily reliant on attachments.

I hope the Asana team keeps these icons as they are and instead focuses on the large list of far more pressing matters…

3 Likes

+1 agree

3 Likes

Maybe it just needs to be a toggle you enable in the “show fields” list?

I also thought this was a bug. Please don’t remove this!

1 Like

Thanks everyone for all the helpful feedback, and I’m sorry for any inconvenience. You can rest assured that I’m sharing every piece of feedback with our team!

3 Likes

Hi @Vanessa_N - Is it possible for someone to opt out of this test? I have a user who’s really struggling to be productive as they really rely on this feature. Weirdly, no one else in our organisation seems to have this either!

1 Like

I don’t understand why anyone thinks this would benefit Asana users. It makes no sense to hide the comments and sub-tasks.

1 Like

Declutters the screen.

Hi @Curtis_Hale1, unfortunately it’s not possible to opt in/out of the experiment, but as soon as we have any updates we’ll be sure to share.

this seems to be resolved, the icons are back in my tasks :pray:

1 Like

Hi everyone. I can confirm that our Developers have decided to roll back this update, and you should now see the layout like before. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!

5 Likes

That’s great news, and fast work–thanks so much for all the support, @Vanessa_N and product teams!

Larry

3 Likes