Tasks move due to rule should be inserted into the bottom of the section

Creating rules that move tasks around is helpful in rebuilding some of the funtionality that was lost from the old My Tasks, but I’m finding there’s a big flaw.

When tasks are moved they are put into the top of the section they are being moved to. This messes up my workflow as I don’t want them to hide outstanding work that is even higher priority.

I did try sorting by date within sections, but then this pushes tasks with no date to the bottom of the section, which is even worse IMO!

Please can we have the ability for tasks to be added at the end of the section, like they used to be

1 Like

Hi @Sam, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback - we appreciate it! We will pass this on to the Product team. I’ll let you know if any changes are made here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey all! Seeking a trigger to get completed tasks to auto-sort to the bottom of a section when the Task is checked “Complete” - any quick tip/tricks greatly appreciated! Thank you!

@anon96954146, I’m afraid that’s not currently possible in Asana, but you can vote for this at the top of this thread into which I’ve merged your request.

Larry

Also, if you sort by due date you can no longer expand subtasks from the main view and instead have to open the details pane of a task to see them.

+1

1 Like

Hello! Can we get an update on this? This would be an extremely useful feature.

1 Like