Tasks by duration

Hi, does anyone know if you can schedule tasks by duration and then set the tasks in a template? thanks

Hi @sinead_turnbull :wave:t5: Welcome to the Forum!

That is a great question! You can add a date range to your tasks by using the start date feature. You can read more about it in the following guide article: How to Complete Task Fields in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

I would also recommend you to have a look a the following guide article: How to Use Asana Project Templates | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

I hope this helps Sinead but please let me know if you have any follow-up question!

Hi @sinead_turnbull,

You might want to also check out my Flowsana integration to see if it meets your needs - one of the available workflow types, Dynamic Duration workflows, works by having you set a duration for each task in a template (4 days, 3 weeks, etc.) instead of an actual calendar date; then when you create a project from that template, Flowsana automatically fills in (and keeps updated) task dates based on those durations and the dependencies you set up.

2 Likes

Hi there,

Is there any way to get tasks working with their duration instead of using date frame?

Indeed this is a very critical point to pilot a project to my mind, and I am surprised that it may require external system (no offense Phil_Seeman! :slight_smile:) to be done!

Many thanks!

1 Like

NOT a solution.