Tasks added to more than one project duplicating in my tasks

Hi Asana Community,

I’ve had the free version of asana for a while, but haven’t leveraged all its tools or really made it part of my workflow. I’m trying to get set up now and I have a problem I’m hoping someone could help me with.

I want to be able to add a task to more than one project. My goal is to create “overview” type projects that let me see multiple projects at a glance. However, when I add a task to 2 different projects it shows up with twice in the My Tasks section even though it’s one task assigned to two projects.

When I tried to get my projects mapped out in Asana to get started, after I created everything I went to my tasks and things were duplicated many times to the point that it made my tasks unusable.

Any help would be appreciated!
Jaime

Hi @Jaime_Weatherby. Welcome to the community… That doesnt sound right. Two questions;

1 - Are you using Tab +P to associate the task with the second project.

2 - Are you using recurring tasks.

Maybe include some screenshots as well.

Jason.

1 Like

Hi @Jaime_Weatherby :wave:t3:

I have pretty much the same questions than @Jason_Woods; are you using the “multi-home” function to add the same task to mutliple projects?

Hi @Jaime_Weatherby,

Is it possible all your tasks have been marked as “Later”?

The Later section breaks things up by project making it look like there are duplicates:

If so, start moving your tasks into Today or Upcoming. There are keyboard shortcuts that make this easy along with multi-select.

Here are the keyboard shortcuts as well as the icon that appears next to the assigning in the task showing how the task is marked when you’re within a task screen:

• TAB+Y = image Today
  • TAB+U = image Upcoming
  • TAB+L = image Later

Hopefully this is your issue. If not, we may need screenshots to help us understand what might be happening.

2 Likes

Oh yeah that’s it! It’s just the way it comes up in the Later section - thank you!

2 Likes