Task Templates: Keep Subtask Projects!

I want to create a task template where the subtasks that are assigned to other projects STICK, so that they show up in their respective calendar views.

Similar to this: Add template tasks to project

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, @anon17350637! We are planning to launch some updates for task templates soon asn hopefully this will be available soon. I’ll keep you posted!

2 Likes

Any news on this? It would be really handy for our workflow.

1 Like

It looks like this is now a functionality, (yay!) but when I assign the subtask to the project (in order to see it on the calendar (work around because subtasks annoyingly don’t show up on the calendar: Subtasks in Calendar view), the parent project doesn’t stick. All other projects it’s assigned to WILL stick, which is great. But not the “parent” project. Sob.

This would be hugely helpful! The only way that I know of to include effort from a subtask is to add that subtask to a project. Now that Task Templates are a thing, I’m going to use them way more, and I need to see the effort from the subtasks in my portfolio Workload without having to manually add each subtask to the project.