Task Pane - Reduce default height of New Comment sticky area at bottom

It’s very tall by default, fixed (sticky), but since it’s not always used (reading Comments must be more common than writing them) so it takes up space which is distracting and causes extra scrolling for longer detail pane tasks. What about a single-line hight comment affordance? Doesn’t that accomplish all that the taller one does? And you can still increase height after clicking in it (then collapse again when clicking out).

Thanks,

Larry

Yes!

1 Like

I’ve noticed that any task that has comments in them will reduce the comments field down to the single-line height that you were requesting but no comments = tall by default. I hope Asana will change it by staying small by default until we click inside the comment field.

1 Like

Got a crazy work around to reduce the Comment section until Asana fixes it: Create a Rule trigger: Task added to this project with the Action: Add a Comment. In the comment field simple add 1 space with the space bar. This will reduce the Comment field down by default.

1 Like

Well spotted! And yes I hope so too.

Hi, sometimes I need to shrink my window panes to be able to see multiple things at once. I would love it if there was a way to shrink the comment box either by making it go away or minimizing. Is this in the works or already a possibility? Thanks!

Hi @Chandler_Ferguson :wave:t5: Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

There is a similar thread in the Forum regarding this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with it to consolidate feedback. I hope it’s OK. Please don’t forget to upvote it! :slight_smile:

Have a great day Chandler!

I couldn’t find a thread when I did the search so thank you!

1 Like