Task name entry is throttled

Same as others. Started around 2 weeks ago. Slowdown is in Chrome and ONLY with Asana - none of the other hosted / web based tools I use.

Using Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit).
I have Multiple monitors and it occurs on any screen I try
Using Windows

2 Likes

Any update on this bug? Typing in the new tank window is slow as molasses and barely usable for us.

Behavior is same in IE, Edge, Firefox and Chrome: when you type in the new task field, there is a noticeable latency in typing speed and the CPU spikes in the task manager until all characters have appeared in the box.

This behavior is noticeable (but tolerable) on new or dedicated PC’s, but Asana is too slow and unusable on anything else such as a terminal or kiosk environment.

Apologies for the delay in updating this bug!

We’re currently pushing a fix that should help resolve most of these issues. The fix is currently only available to 10% of users, which probably explains why you’re still running into trouble. I’ll make sure to keep you posted once this is full rolled out!

The fix is now live to 100% of users, so you should all see some improvements :slight_smile: Marking this resolved, but please let me know if you have any questions/feedback!

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Delay when typing in Asana

This is now happening to me - started within the last week.

Version 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit), Win10.

I had rules running for tasks, but disabled them and the issue still happens.

When I type a new task, it takes a few seconds for the text to appear.

This started happening to me last week.
I’m using the same Chrome version. It takes approx. 7 seconds for text to appear after typing in a new task.