Task from Email - Default Asignee

Scenario : I send an email to a particular person and i open my sent items to create a task

Current : When I click on create task from Sent item, the default assignee is me.

Expected : The default assignee should be the sender email ID(if that ID has a Asana ID) and also system should put current date as start date of the ticket and the entered date should be end date.

Hi @Gowri_Shankar_RJ, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback.

As you can see from this Guide article, the assignee of the task when emailing to Asana will be the additional address added in the To: field.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

This is not emailing to asana to auto create the task.

I meant a normal email sent to any person, I then click on “Create Asana Task” button in Outlook.

Hi @Gowri_Shankar_RJ, thanks for following up!

Using this button in your Outlook app will create a task in your My Tasks. Should you open the Asana Add-in instead, here you should be able to assign the task to another user.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

@Rebecca_McGrath
Both buttons have a similar result in my environment.

• the “create task” : creates a new task
  • “open Asana add-in” : allows the search for a task as well as the “create task” option
    In both cases I am able to change the “assignee” of the tasks

I love the feature. I no longer have to tag my emails for follow up. :slight_smile:

Yes I can change the assignee and that is a nice feature.

We are missing the main issue which I was expecting,

Expected : The default assignee should be the sender email ID(if that ID has a Asana ID) and also system should put current date as start date of the ticket and the entered date should be end date.

Thanks for following up, @Gowri_Shankar_RJ! Having the default assignee and due date set from the sender and date of the email does provide some limitations for limitations for Asana users who would like to update the assignee or due date.

We feel it is better to allow users to choose who they would like to assign a task to, or give it a specific due date, instead of auto-filling this information :slight_smile:

I hope this helps provide some context :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.