Task details > Projects line > "Click to change column" tooltip should say "Click to change section"

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When trying to move a task to another section within the same project (not by drag&drop), on the detailed task view the tooltip says “Click to change column” in the “Projects” line. While in fact I’m changing sections (not columns).

Steps to reproduce:

1. Have a project with at least two sections: Section1 and Section2
  2. Add a task to Section1
  3. Click to see the detailed task view
  4. Locate the "Projects’ line (after the “Due date”)
  5. Hover over the part where is says “Section1”
  6. Notice the tooltip says “Click to change column”

Expected result: For the tooltip to say “Click to change section”

Browser version: Chrome 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:
https://www.screencast.com/t/UjgG6bNP0v

I believe this is expected behavior because a section is referred to as a column from the board view. I agree that in this case it should read “section” but perhaps remain to read “column” when you are viewing the task from a board layout. Nice find!

Hey Jerod,
Thanks for a quick reply. I see now.
The thing is that we prefer using the ‘List’ view, and they are called ‘sections’ there. So I got confused. Please check the screenshot.

I understand this creates some confusion and agree that from the list view it should read “section” instead. I’m sure Asana would agree. @Marie what do you think?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention @LEGGO. I agree with you both and have file a task for our team to investigate, I’ll keep you posted here as soon as I have an update!

Hi folks, just a quick note to let you know our team has pushed a fix for this, so you you should now see “Click to change Section” instead of “Click to change Column”.

Thanks again for bringing this up to our attention :slight_smile:

1 Like