Task can not be start with "Ads .."

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I wanted to add a tasks like “Ads Section” but it goes invisible after type "Ads "
Steps to reproduce:
Just type "Ads "
Browser version:
Google Chrome Version 120.0.6099.129 (Official Build) (arm64)
What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?
Free trial
Upload screenshots below:

I can confirm this report! Shows just as indicated in the screenshot for me on Chrome current Mac.

(But on Android it appears normally.)

FYI couldn’t repro this on Chrome Windows 120.0.6099.130.

1 Like

That’s very odd, I couldn’t reproduce it on Chrome/Mac either. Can you let me know if this also happens in incognito?

I just confirmed a moment ago 1) it does not happen in incognito but 2) it does happen in a regular Chrome Mac tab.

Maybe it’s one of the 3000 extensions I have running!

Sorry for not checking before.

Thanks,

Larry

Thanks for confirming, @lpb! Let us know if the issue persists :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When a task or subtask is named “Ads” (either by me or by someone else in my team) it just loads forever on my end without showing the content, but when I re-name it anything else like, for example, “Content” or add extra characters like “Adss” or “Ads_” it behaves normally (doesn’t matter if it’s assigned to me or not).

Steps to reproduce:
Make the title of a task or subtask “Ads”

Browser version:
Arc Version 1.26.2 (45413), Chromium Engine Version 120.0.6099.234

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?
Basic

Upload screenshots below:
When named as “ads” in subtask:

When named as “ads” in new task:

Named as anything else in subtask:

Named as anything else in new task:

@Vanessa_N @Marie I tried to re-open this topic after merging in a new report on this issue from @Denden_Sze, but I didn’t realize I couldn’t edit its forum section to move it out of “closed bugs”. Can you reactivate it as it seems to still (or again) be an issue? Thanks!

No worries @Phil_Seeman, I’ve reopened this bug. I’ll let @Vanessa_N take it from there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @Phil_Seeman! For Larry, the issue didn’t happen in incognito, which might be a sign of a conflict caused by browser extensions. @Denden_Sze, would you be able to test this in incognito and in a different browser, please? We recommend using one of the browsers supported by Asana. You can find a list of supported and unsupported browsers here.

1 Like

Hi @Vanessa_N! I tried to do this on Arc Incognito and Safari and the problem doesn’t seem to arise there :slight_smile: I only have 4 extensions on Arc though so experiencing this issue on said browser is a bit strange.

But thank you for the help!

Confirming! Yes, definitely sounds like the same problem…

I also experience this problem.
Starting a task with “Ads” make the task bug out, but copy pasting something like “Ads->” into the task, does not bug the task.
In the console, in dev tools (Chrome 120.0.6099.225), I get 2 errors in content.js:1

content.js:1 [Report Only] Refused to compile or instantiate WebAssembly module because ‘unsafe-eval’ is not an allowed source of script in the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src ‘self’ ‘unsafe-inline’ ‘report-sample’ " followed by way too many links for me to post
and

“[Report Only] Refused to compile or instantiate WebAssembly module because ‘unsafe-eval’ is not an allowed source of script in the following Content Security Policy directive: “script-src https: ‘unsafe-inline’ ‘strict-dynamic’ ‘report-sample’ ‘nonce-mm8xnrnoooviu9kmsh52yyosj’”.”

Hi everyone, based on the information received, it looks like this is an extension conflict. I’ll close this case here in the Forum, but @JonasB, I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team directly if you wish to share more details about the errors. They also have tools to view any potential error logs on their end. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.