Tag color not taken into account?

Hi,

I have an issue with tag color. I create the tag via the API, gives a color to it. And when I attach this tag to a task, the task does not show any color…

Tag creation request
Capture d’écran 2020-02-21 à 13.06.33

Tag creation answer

Task creation answer

The task comes back with the tag, but without a color… Any idea?
ping @Phil_Seeman the boss :slight_smile:

PS: it seems to work with some colors, but not all

Are “opt_fields” available on task “creation”? I don’t remember…
If not, you don’t get the “tags.color” in return…

But if you query that new task with “tags.color” opt_field, do you see it?

I’m afraid I haven’t done any work specifically with colors on tags; not sure what’s going on there.

Well that’s really weird then! In that case I think you’ll need the real superheroes @Joe_Trollo @Ross_Grambo.

I agree with @Frederic_Malenfant, from first glance I would assume you aren’t asking for the color field. Do you have ?opt_fields=tags.color included in your opt_fields of your task creation request?

Granted I agree he could perhaps ask specifically for the color, but I think you guys are missing Bastien’s core issue, which is not that he’s not seeing the color in the returned API data but that the color isn’t being applied to the task’s tag at all. Right @Bastien_Siebman?

Exactly, maybe I don’t ask for it, fair enough, but the Asana UI does not show it…

My client just tried again and he had more colors this time. This is crazy :sweat_smile:

I ran the test again. Here goes:

REQUEST TO CREATE TAG

ANSWER TO TAG CREATION

REQUEST TO CREATE TASK WITH TAG

TASK IN UI

@Ross_Grambo with the task GID, are you able to look in your database to see what is going on? Could it be linked to color being attached to a person and no being saved globally?

It actually seems random because when I created the project again today the previous tag that did not get a color now does, and another one stopped being colored.