Table contents not viewable on mobile

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Tables created in task descriptions don’t show up on mobile app. There is a table icon, but when we select the icon to view the table, a blank screen appears.

Steps to reproduce:

1. create a table in a task description
  2. add some text in the table
  3. attempt to view on mobile

Browser version:
mobile app

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)?
Business

Upload screenshots below:

screen 1:

screen 2:

CONTEXT:
My team started using tables to structure our meeting agendas in Asana due to accessibility issues - the lack of ability to format text (font, size, colour) means that we had large blocks of text which many people find difficult to read (particularly those who are neurodivergent). However, not being able to view the agendas from the mobile app is also causing significant issues for our team.

1 Like

FWIW, I just tested, and this works for me on Android with a table in a task viewed in My Tasks.

Larry

1 Like

Thanks Larry.
My team is using iPhones. Several of us have tested this, on different models and various states of software updates and it’s not working for any of us. Not sure if this is relevant, but the table is quite big - it needs to be to contain the full team meeting agenda.

1 Like

Hi @Andrea_Wardrop, thanks for reporting this issue, and apologies for the delay here! Our team has released some updates recently to the mobile app that could have solved this problem. Could you try to update your app to the latest version? If the issue persists, please send me your Asana app version and I will escalate this to our product team.

1 Like

Thanks @Emily_Roman ! I’m using version 9.70.0, which I believe is the most recent version, but unfortunately the issue persists.

Thank you for confirming, @Andrea_Wardrop. It looks like the new update was still in the release process, but it’s available now. Can you download the new 9.71.0 version and let us know how it goes?

1 Like

Hi @Andrea_Wardrop, I’m closing this thread for now, but if you are still running into issues, let me know! :slight_smile:

Thanks @Vanessa_N - sorry for the delay, I was testing out lots of different configurations. It seems that it’s mainly fixed! Yay! The one thing the program doesn’t seem to like is empty numbering or bullet points within a table - this makes it not visible on mobile again, but that’s a fairly easy thing to avoid, so not a big deal.
Thanks for the responsiveness that I’m coming to realize is standard for Asana - an unexpected delight!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your feedback, @Andrea_Wardrop! :slight_smile:

I’ll mention the issue with the bullet points and empty numbering to our Developers and hopefully they can correct this too the next update. If you need anything else, don’t hesitate to let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.