Switch between board and list with an external solution?

@Maggie_Reddi how is it going with your tool?
On my side, I am comiting to not start any new project in 2018 :sweat_smile:

Sorry folks, Iā€™ve stopped responding as weā€™ve already had some users go through and run some tests for us. We are just making some final tweaks before we release publicly. We will first have the list 2 board conversion ready first. There are some additional tweaks we are doing for the other direction (board 2 list) and it will be coming a few days later.

For those of you that canā€™t wait for the detailed instructions, videos, etc. that will be on our website, you can follow these instructions to attempt a conversion:

1. Register for an account at Project Sync.
  2. Click the blue button to create a new process.
  3. Select Asana and Custom Actions (bottom right) as the two systems to integrate.
  4. Select List 2 Board conversion when prompted and complete the wizard.

Please send me a message or email support@reddiapps.com if you have any questions or run into issues along the way.

2 Likes

This is a great idea! thanks for developing this process. I donā€™t suppose you are thinking of making Board to List version as well?

1 Like

Thanks for doing this. Keep us posted!

Works well, already tested!

1 Like

I have the same question, BTW :slight_smile:

We are working on a board to list version as well. We should have this all wrapped up and available for general consumption, along with videos walking you through the process, etc. in a few more days.

4 Likes

Hi there! Did you end up creating this feature to move one projectā€™s tasks to a new project to fix the list view/board view issue?
Thank you!

Hi there! Any update on this? Trying to make one of my list projects a board view.

Our board to list conversion is ready now as well. We have a site that walks through the features. We will be adding videos in the next day or so on how to step through the conversion process. I will post here once that is ready.

http://bit.ly/2PeCrFo

There is 1 additional piece to the puzzle that we are working on. If the intent is to maintain 2 projects (one as a board and another as a list) we have a multi-homing capability that will be released within the week as well.

2 Likes

It is coming (donā€™t know when though): Sections are dead! Long live sections!

Sucks for those that created products based around this!! Hope you didnā€™t get far @Bastien_Siebman

1 Like

I did not start, but I think it will take them weeks/months anyway.

yes!! definitely would be interested!!
this is something that is keeping us from really commiting to asana
I tried a few workarounds but then I end up with 2 projets which is a mess when we want to report progress or something like thatā€¦
I am thinking to actually use Trello for boards and simply link them to Asana (rather then integrate and duplicate task again)
We are a video production studio, so all the Asana Premium and or Business features really are appealing for our workflow: timeline, calendar view and the amazing listā€™s functionality (itā€™s amazing to bulk select and do stuff all at once on a listā€™s project and itā€™s a bummer having to do it card by card on a board view).
In our case, the kanban/board view is useful to see the film divided/listed by itā€™s scenes but when actually planning and scheduling the listā€™s bulk selection functionality is key! In Asana you canā€™t even filter the cards by custom fields or assignee so whatā€™s the point? Thatā€™s why I am almost giving up trying to use the board project in Asana and use yet one more tool like Trello for that solo purpose

It is so sad that this isnā€™t a system-wide functionality, we would love to have it and use it from time to time!

2 Likes

yes yes yes please

Hi Maggie,

how about to maintain two projects to update changes automaticly? I mean to keep both projects in sync, if i move a task from one section to another. Will this be released?

YES!!! Iā€™m event planner who has clients who use both, and many have asked me if they can switch between them. It would be so niceā€¦especially as we approach the event date and need to simply view a list of to dos!

1 Like