Support quotes and wildcard in Search function

Wow I am truly surprised there has been no official response to the varied search related requests posted here. As of today I am finding that text in the Description field is not being searched only text found in the task/project name itself. As our organization’s tasks and project continue to grow this is becoming a major productivity issue, which is the very reason we began using this platform for productivity gains not losses. C’mon Asana what say you on this?

1 Like

I was advicing our CEO to start using Asana, but missing wildcards in search is really crucial for us. Please add it…for your own good :wink:

2 Likes

This program is excellent. But no wildcard searches? This has been so difficult to manage. This is like 1960’s level programming.

If you can at least comment on why this is not possible, it may alleviate some of the issue and help find a work around.

2 Likes

FYI, we have made a workaround because this is crucial for us too
We sync asana to Google sheets/docs to have a full text search with “” and also a (sort) of wildcard search
Also possible to sync with Evernote, Office online and/or other system and then use a ( indexed) search system

It’s not ideal but it’s a atart

1 Like

this is still open since 2017??? we need this function as well… a simple wild card search should not be a difficult thing

2 Likes

Voted. This should be available.

1 Like

I will purchase a PRO plan as soon as we are able to search for “contains”; without that, there is NO WAY to search for a project.

1 Like

I mean that it should find the search term as “contains” without having to go to “advanced search”

1 Like

Wildcard and searching for phrases would make this so much better to search