Subtasks child of multiple parents

+1

Best Work around: Copy subtask link A and post it in Parent B descriptions for a hyperlink or substats as a non hyperlink. At least until they add this feature.

2 Likes

+1

Is this new feature implemented?

Is this feature implemented? Can we have one multiple subtask to a parent task?

@anon50346700,

No, nothing has changed in this regard - a subtask cannot be the child of more than one parent task.

Thank you. Any updates on whether Asana is looking into this?

Hi @anon50346700,

Two comments on my part:

1. Asana does not release a public road map or pre-announce anything, so thereā€™s no way to know whether are are looking into or considering some change until itā€™s actually released.

2. Speaking solely for myself and NOT for Asana, I would personally not hold my breath waiting for this change - I highly doubt it will occur. Again I could be 100% wrong - I have no inside info on it - but it would require a major change to the underlying data model and I believe would require lots of code changes, and I just think based on what they have in mind for the future of the product, itā€™s not something they would likely prioritize to do. (Again, just my $.02.)

+1 on this feature from me as well. This would be super helpful and as others have shared would take the Asana UI to the next level.

+1

+1
There is clear duplicity in tasks that cut across projects. A simple example is:

1. There is a task (ā€œtask X1ā€) in a project (ā€œProject Xā€)
  2. My team has a project board for daily check-ins (ā€œProject Wā€)
  3. Task X1 will then show as a subtask of Project W (under task ā€œMonday Check-Inā€)
  4. Once the task is clear from my Monday to-do, it will clear from the project board (without merging or completing two tasks, which creates the illusion that more tasks have been completed by a person and would mess the capacity forecasting)

Is there a way to know if this feature will be implemented in the near future ? It would be really nice to have that to manage complex projets with more than one boardā€¦

1 Like

+1

2 Likes

+1

2 Likes

Is it possible to add the subtask in 2 task not using duplicate task??

For example, I made a subtask called ā€œmeetings with group of underground physics.ā€ within a task called ā€œMeetingsā€. In a same project there is a task called ā€œWeek 3ā€. Is it possible for me to add ā€œmeetings with group of underground physicsā€ subtask in task ā€œWeek 3ā€ without duplicating the task? Thanks

Hi @Seongjoo, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Great question! It is not currently possible to add a subtask to two tasks without duplicating the subtask.

Iā€™ve gone ahead and moved your post to the #productfeedback category to to give you and other community members an option to vote for this feature!

Iā€™ll let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 for sure

+1
(pretty please make this happen - it would make all my Asana dreams come true!)

1 Like

+1 Would love to have this option available.

Hope this actually happens someday.

2 Likes