Subtask Progress Indicator & Bar

Hey @Raffaella, I have found another feedback request thread now which seems to be exactly about what you are asking so I have merged your request. Don‘t forget to upvote.

Is it possible to have a calculated field that looks at % of completed subtasks? I see this is available but New! Custom field rollups in portfolios for increased visibility into key metrics. Basically the top-level task would show a percentage of completed subtasks in another field.

Thank you,

Jon

Hello @Jon_Alden, the thread you are referring to is for portfolios.
Now for the subtask completion % indicator, I have found another existing thread so I have merged your post into that. Don’t forget to leave your vote at the top of this thread.

1 Like

I see formulas were recently added for columns. Unfortunately, Asana is missing a “Count” function and “Task”/“Subtask” as available fields. Providing these capabilities in formulas would negate the feature request and enable users to apply their own logic to columns and dashboards.

2 Likes

Hi team,

I want to emphasize the criticality and urgency of implementing a task progress bar feature in our system.

1. Efficiency and Quick Decision Making: In our fast-paced environment, we often find ourselves pressed for time, especially during meeting reviews. A task progress bar will provide an immediate visual representation of how tasks are progressing. This visual cue will allow us to quickly identify tasks that are lagging behind and those that are nearing completion. It’s a swift, intuitive way to understand the status without having to dive deep into subtasks or rely on manual updates.
  2. Reduced Manual Effort: The current method of using a status progress dropdown is not only cumbersome but also inefficient. It requires manual updates, which are prone to stay in progress for long time. Furthermore, for tasks with numerous subtasks, it becomes increasingly challenging and time-consuming to gauge the overall progress. A progress bar eliminates these challenges by offering a consolidated view of the task’s status.
  3. Enhanced Collaboration and Accountability: With a clear visual representation of task progress, team members can have more informed discussions during meetings. It fosters transparency, encourages proactive communication, and ensures that everyone is on the same page. Additionally, by having a transparent view of task progress, it promotes accountability as team members are more likely to take ownership of their tasks and ensure timely completion.

Given the above reasons, I strongly believe that introducing a task progress bar feature is not just a convenience but a necessity. It will significantly streamline our workflow, enhance collaboration, and ultimately drive better results. I kindly request prioritizing this feature and look forward to its swift implementation.

Thank you for considering this suggestion.

1 Like