Sub-Tasks randomly appearing across projects

Important note: To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, please ensure to fill out all the sections below. Do not share any private information such as email addresses or phone numbers - This is a public Forum!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the bug you’re experiencing: Subtasks are randomly being assigned to other projects. When sub-tasks are removed from projects, subtasks will then show up on another boards or re-appear on the same board. No automations are active.

Steps to reproduce: Synched project between Instagantt & Asana, created project roadmap via Instagantt. Subtasks started showing up as main tasks and nested subtasks. Unsynced Instagantt + Asana, removed project assignment from subtask-level card. Task then randomly gets assigned to another project.

Browser version: Chrome Version 123.0.6312.87 //

What version of Asana are you using (Personal, Starter, Advanced, Enterprise, Enterprise+, Premium, Business or legacy Enterprise)? Asana Business - Version 2.1.2 (2.1.2)

1 Like

If you look at the subtask activity thread, you’ll see what’s happening. Potentially a rule running for example.

1 Like

It says that I’m adding the subtask to the list, but I’m not. It’s like a scavenger hunt to see where tasks are showing up each time I open Asana.

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 10.31.10 AM

Hi @Alexis_Jones2, thank you for attaching the screenshot!
It seems to be a project-specific issue, so I’d recommend creating a ticket from the support chat. The support team can look into the log of your organization/workspace.

1 Like

Will do - thanks!

1 Like