still not possible with asana? -> email dashboard / reports

We manage 60 boards and many sub-projects in it.
Every good project management tool can handle automated reports. What about asana?
Asana only have an simple share option.
But its not possible to send that reports daily, weekly or monthly via email possible to specific emails.
How you handle this case? Do you open each report and send them to specific emails?
Thats a working flow like in beginning of project management tools. :frowning:

BR
Tommy

2 Likes

Hello @Thomas_83,

Does this help?

1 Like

So in other words:
There is still no option to send reports via email. I already using the workaround from your post, but its not how we wanna work in 2023. Its feeling we working in a “cheap” software or in a free software which is build for beginners. :frowning: And this situation in 2023 after so many years product improvements.

1 Like

This is actually something that is vital for me, I personally use asana as the backbone of all my project management - but many people out there need to receive data via email and are quite closed off to this. Specifically in healthcare where people are hesitant to use outside software even when patient data is not involved. I would like to be able to have all my daily tasks complete with links to complete them, and then each day send an email to my superiors with the status. Currently status updates is not helpful in this regard and if you choose to export to a csv each time you end up spending a good amount of time formatting data rather than doing actual work. Any ideas out there on how to streamline this? My goal is to have near perfect communication and I currently feel like im wasting time on accomplishing this

@Adam_Oliver if an integration is an option, I suggest taking a look at the Analytics & Reports by Screenful. It provides a drag & drop tool for creating reports and you can schedule them to be sent to the selected recipients daily/weekly/monthly. Here’s an example report:

teamstatus

It can contain charts and lists of tasks, and you can add your own commentary in between,
Once you schedule it, the recipients start receiving weekly project status reports that are automatically generated with the most up-to-date data.

You can learn more about this add-on, or start a free trial to give it a try with your own data.

1 Like

That’s creating more email. I’d rather Asana contributed to less email.