Speed freak – quick processing of New Tasks in My Tasks

So if kind of just recently discovered the awesome in My Tasks but it seems to have a big hole in it for me. Namely, I want to be able to sort out everything under New into Today/Upcoming/Later, but the problem is I use the keyboard to assign it quickly and I have to use the mouse to go to the next one. It seems like a keyboard assignment should also put focus on the next task to assign then I could flyyyyyyy.

Any speed hacks here or something I’m missing?

@dan_sullivan, it sounds like you could multi-select all/some of the Tasks in your New section (using Shift+Click) and use the keyboard shortcuts Tab+Y, Tab+U or Tab+L to move Tasks into the right priority section. Does that solve for what you’re trying to do?

1 Like

@Sara Thanks for the note back. just tried it and it worked great. I basically put myself in the mindset of what do I need to put into Upcoming and scanned, putting those in upcoming and then putting the rest into later. Thank you!

1 Like

@dan_sullivan, awesome! Glad that works, and glad to hear you using your My Tasks to stay on top of your work, too.

One tip – I always ensure that when I’m organizing my Tasks in bulk, all those Tasks have a Due Date. Otherwise they’ll languish in Upcoming or Later without promoting to Today, and since I can be out-of-sight-out-of-mind when it comes to Tasks, it’s easy for them to get lost there. An ounce of prevention and all that :slight_smile:

1 Like