Sort tasks into multi-homed Project Sections

Today, Project is not an option in the List view Sort dropdown.

We manage bug tasks in a Bugs project and cross-link each bug into additional (one or more) ‘sub-team’ projects as well. We’d like to easily sort the Bugs Project list view into cross-linked Project sections. For instance if there were two bug tasks, both in Bugs Project , (Bug 1) also in project A, and (Bug 2) also in project A and B. When I view the Bugs Project in list view I want to sort with project sections so that I see Project A as a section with Bug 1 and Bug 2, and then Project B section with just Bug 2. Furthermore, I would like to sort within each section by a Priority column that has values P0, P1, P2, etc.

Hi @Kimon, welcome to the Asana Community forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback. I’ve gone ahead and updated your title slightly - I hope you don’t mind!

While we don’t have any plans to implement this feature at this time, I’ll keep you posted if we have any updates :slight_smile:

@Rebecca_McGrath Adding my voice to request this feature. It would be extremely useful to be able to trace where a multi-homed task originated.

Scenario: Projects A, B, and C all feed certain tasks into a master tracker, Project D. When I am in Project D, I need a quick way to isolate which tasks were multi-homed, then trace those back to A, B, or C.

Recommendation: As stated above, it would be extremely useful to filter all tasks by multi-homed status. Another option could be to display breadcrumb trails in all multi-homed tasks and isolate the home origination point of the multi-homed task.

Thanks!