Something is happening with AI teammates

This is the second time in a month that a colleague from i.DO tells me that they are using AI teammates extensively and they are blown away. Something is definitely happening with that new feature. Just like it was the case with AI in general and Asana AI Studio, the hardest part is to start, but I feel like once you do, you can quickly see the benefit.

Anybody else out there started to use AI Teammates?

cc @Arthur_BEGOU @Filippo_Baj


We are i.DO, an Asana Solutions Partner, and we document our learnings using AI Teammates every day!

2 Likes

To be honest, I would love to hear more about how you or other teams are using Teammates in practical ways. As you mentioned, we are having a hard time getting started, so any real examples of how you’ve implemented them, what workflows you’ve built, or where you’ve seen the biggest impact would be incredibly helpful.

The main use case is replacing ChatGPT. If your context is in Asana, and you simply need some info, research, copy etc you can ask a teammate in the comments directly.

Also if you want basic things done in Asana (create a task, update a task etc) this is a good use case. For example I am writing my newsletter with it so the teammate knows the structure, creates subtasks for each section of the newsletter and we collaborate there.

@Arthur_BEGOU @Filippo_Baj wanna share your latest use cases?

2 Likes

@Esteban_Giannini
For the sake of experimenting, the following text was written by a Teammate I’m regularly working with. :wink:
(I’ve copy/pasted the conversation here and requested to propose an answer).

A visual of that task in Asana

2 Likes

Hello there!

Sky is the limit with AI Teammates. If I have to pick 2 typical use cases, they would be:

  1. Our internal developer (an AI Teammate, of course) trained to prepare scripts ready to work with Asana rule script actions. It does its job amazingly.

  2. I recently asked an AI Teammate to draft a document on Google Docs for me, following instructions and sticking to a template. It messed a bit with the format, but the content was great from the first draft.

2 Likes

Are either of you (or anyone else) using asana ai or ai teammates to essentially act as project manager and adjust task dates based on changing deadlines?

I have to say, this would be THE game changer for me and my small but mighty team.

1 Like

Hi @Laura_Johnson1

I don’t use it yet for that use-case, but I trust AI Teammates to be able to deliver.

One of the "pre-built Teammate" seems to be designed for it.

1 Like

Our first test with the new AI Teammates did not go well. We tried to use it for Service Request triage in a specific project, but it went off track and edited unrelated tasks in another random project. Thankfully, it only did a few before I could stop it. It seems like it works well in some use cases, but escaping confinement like this and offering no way to approve its actions seems counterintuitive based on lessons learned from other AI platforms.

I’m curious if others have found this level of overreach.

@Dave_Lopez1 initially, teammates might have made a few mistakes but we now find them to be vary accurate and powerful. If they misbehave, you can inspect the reasoning and adjust the prompt. You can also raise the issue with Asana engineering team directly in the product so they can investigate